By 1797 there were 7 school districts. Northwest, North, Pond, College Farms, City, Northeast and Center.
Commemorative tile created by Eric Sloane when the school was restored in 1968.
Originally located between cornfields and an apple orchard, North West School was built in 1784 and closed when it graduated the Class of 1924 in June of that year. Brick School has the distinction of having the longest record of continuous operation in the State of Connecticut.
In 1963 Frank M. Reinhold purchased the derelict property and five years later donated it to the Warren Historical Society.
As early as 1751, before Warren had incorporated as a separate municipality, the East Greenwich Society meeting at the home of Jonathan Sackett voted to build a school house 27’ long x 22’ wide and 1-story high.
The log building was one mile from village center at the intersection of present-day Reed and Cunningham Roads.