Warren Historical Society Scholarship Application Requirements
The Warren Historical Society Scholarship may be awarded annually to two students who:
- are or have previously been residents of Warren,
- will attend or who are currently attending an accredited two or four year post-secondary educational institution,
- have attended the Warren School for a minimum of two consecutive years,
- are in good academic standing at the time of their graduation from an accredited secondary school, or are in good standing at
- an accredited two or four year post-secondary educational institution,
- have provided the Warren Historical Society Scholarship Committee with a current official school transcript,
and who have completed a pre-approved Warren history project.
- Only persons who make application before the stated deadline of May 1, 2017 will be eligible.
Previous Scholarship awardees are not eligible to re-apply.
Required Submission Materials
- A completed Warren Historical Society Application
- Application Click Here
- Letter of Recommendation
- A Warren History Project Submission
- The Warren History Project is an opportunity to share in the WHS mission to: Discover, celebrate and preserve Warren’s history for the benefit of its citizens and surrounding communities through its collections, programs and exhibits.
- Projects may be in written (1000 word minimum) or digital (with written transcript of 1000 word minimum) format or take the form of a presentation, exhibition, archive, or oral history project. References, sources, quotes and bibliographies must be cited and do not count in word minimums.
- Topics suggestions include: a) Recent Historic Events in Warren, b) Industrial History, c) Agriculture & Farming, d) Population, e) Tourism
- For help or additional topic suggestions, please contact Ellen Paul