Warren Historical Society Scholarship Application Requirements
The Warren Historical Society Scholarship may be awarded annually to two students who:
- are or have previously been residents of Warren,
- will attend or who are currently attending an accredited two or four year post-secondary educational institution,
- have attended the Warren School for a minimum of two consecutive years,
- are in good academic standing at the time of their graduation from an accredited secondary school, or are in good standing at
- an accredited two or four year post-secondary educational institution,
- have provided the Warren Historical Society Scholarship Committee with a current official school transcript,
and who have completed a pre-approved Warren history project.
- Only persons who make application before the stated deadline of May 1, 2019 will be eligible.
Previous Scholarship awardees are not eligible to re-apply.
Required Submission Materials
1. A completed Warren Historical Society Application
2. Application Click Here
3. Letter of Recommendation
4. A Warren History Project Submission
The Warren History Project is an opportunity to share in the WHS mission to: Discover, celebrate and preserve Warren’s history for the benefit of its citizens and surrounding communities through its collections, programs and exhibits.
Applicants may select from one of the following choices:
a. Conduct an oral history of an individual or group who have personal knowledge of some aspect or Warren’s history. Both audio record and a transcription must be included.
b. Catalog a designated part of the Old Burying Ground with photos and background information on the interred. Please contact WHS to learn which areas of the cemetery still need to be catalogued.
c. Paint, sculpt, photograph or create some other art medium which represents Warren.
d. A project of your own design which must be pre-approved by the Warren Historical Society.