In 1895 Nelson Mead built a cottage with a view of Lake Waramaug on 1000 acres which stretched from June Road to Tanner Hill. In 1901 the house was remodeled and a porch added. By 1903 Anna Mead Kellogg was the landowner and she built six cottages behind the main house and took in paying guests. Her daughter, Jane Lowe, opened the Boulders in 1951, The Boulders Inn on Lake Waramaug closed in early 2012.
The Warren Connecticut Historical Society > Making History > Inns of Warren > The Boulders Inn on Lake Waramaug