Although Methodist clergy probably included Warren as part of their circuits, in 1836 there were sufficient numbers to buy land and build a church. The building across from the Academy was built in the vernacular style and reflects the availability of construction materials and the design skills of local builders. It could accommodate 200 people. By 1912 the building was derelict and was sold to the Wichita Grange as a grange hall. Today we know it as the Fire House of the Warren Volunteer Fire Department.